References to Spectralink’s products and services in this statement include all Spectralink products, services, websites, applications, software, servers and devices.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
- What information do we collect about you and when?
- How will we use the information about you and on what legal basis?
- Disclosures of your personal information
- Security and retention of personal information
- How to access and control your personal information
- Third party links and websites
- Cross-border data transfers
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How to Contact Spectralink
We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it by: (1) providing information to us or our business partners in connection with a transaction or in furtherance of our business relationships; (2) registering for products on our Website or otherwise contacting us to obtain information relating to our products or our services; (3) signing up to enter a promotion, participate in an event or survey, receive newsletters or other literature; or (4) providing information when we (i.e. our customer service representatives or employees) contact you either at trade events or by other means such as email or phone.
In some cases we collect this information from you directly and we may also receive such information from our business partners (such as resellers) who may collect this information from you in the context of your business relationship with us and/or the business partner.
- Definitive Healthcare
- Chain Store Guide
- Ebusiness prospects
- Electric Marketing
We are not responsible for our business partners’ or such third parties’ privacy practices and you should check their own privacy policies for further information.
In connection with the above activities, we collect personal information, including, without limitation:
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information.
- Occupation, company name and name of position within company.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you.
- Username and password you provide Spectralink’s website for authentication and account access.
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
We will only collect and process personal information about you where we have lawful bases to do so (please see section 2 below ).
You have choices about the personal information we collect. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide personal information that is necessary to send you communications regarding our products and services, we may not be able to send you that information. In certain circumstances, you must provide your personal information in compliance with a statutory requirement, a contractual requirement, or as necessary in order to enter into a contract with us. We will inform you where this is the case, at the time of collecting your personal information and the consequences of not providing the information.
If you are located in the European Union, when you provide any personal information via our Website, you may be asked to consent to Spectralink processing your submitted personal information for the purposes set out above and asked whether you want to opt-in to future communication from Spectralink (see Section 2 below for further details) .
Spectralink uses your personal information for the following purposes, and pursuant to the corresponding legal basis:
|To send you information you have requested.||Legitimate interest or consent (as appropriate).|
|To send you information about our company, our industry specific content and reports.||Legitimate interest or consent (as appropriate).|
|To keep you informed of Spectralink products and services in which you and your company might be interested.||Legitimate interest or consent (as appropriate).|
|To send you webinar invites.||Legitimate interest or consent (as appropriate).|
|To administer promotional offers, contests or other promotional events.||Legitimate interest or consent (as appropriate).|
|To contact you by email, telephone or other means, regarding questions you may have about our products and services.||Legitimate interest.|
|To process transactions and requests related to the sale, delivery, and support of Spectralink products and/or services.||Contractual necessity.|
|To correspond with you regarding orders or delivery of a product or service.||Contractual necessity.|
In addition, we use the information collected in relation to your use of the Website (1) to personalize your experience on our Website, (2) to conduct internal reviews of our Website and to help us better understand visitors' use of our Website, (3) to help us improve the design and layout of our Website and provide content of interest to you.
At any time, you can update your preferences by clicking the link in any emails you receive from us. You can also stop receiving emails from us using that same link. Please note that where you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, or other transactions. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We share or disclose your personal information with your consent, or as necessary to complete any transaction, or provide any product or service requested, and in order to conduct our business operations. The parties with whom we share your personal information and why, are as follows:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries of Spectralink: We share your personal information with the branch of Spectralink Europe ApS located in the UK, and with other affiliates and subsidiaries of Spectralink.
- Business Partners: We partner with other organizations to sell our products and provide services, and may share information about you in connection with those distribution arrangements.
- Third Party Service Providers: In order to provide you with useful communications, and delivery and support of our products and services we share your personal information with service providers and vendors who are supporting us or acting on our behalf, including pair Networks, Inc. and Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc., both of which provide hosting services for certain applications we use; Auxis Costa Rica Ltd., who assist us in processing orders; Salesforce.com, Inc.; Link Logistics A/S, our distribution hub in Denmark; InTech Electronics Ltd; and T2 Mobile International Limited.
- Third Parties by Law: We share or disclose your personal information if we believe it is required, including: (i) to comply with applicable laws, litigation or requests from governmental authorities, (ii) for the purposes of national security, law enforcement or issues of public importance, or (iii) in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or other disposition of all or a portion of our business, assets or shares.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers for seven (7) years from the original date of collection.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our data retention policy, which you can request from us by contacting us (see section 9 for contact details ).
At any time after you have submitted personal information to us, you may contact us at email@example.com to:
- Access: You may request access to personal information we have collected regarding you or your company. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and (save for in certain circumstances) within one month.
- Correction: You may notify us of changes to your personal information if it is inaccurate or it needs to be updated.
- Deletion: You may also elect to have personal information we have collected on you deleted from our customer database.
- Restricting Our Use: You may request that we stop processing your personal information (other than storing it), if: (i) you contest the accuracy of it (unless the accuracy is verified); (ii) you believe the processing is against the law; (iii) you believe we no longer need your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need your personal information to establish or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing and we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal information, override your own rights.
- Transfer: If you wish to transfer your personal information to another organization as a data controller (and certain conditions are satisfied), you may ask us to do so, and we will send it directly if we have the technical means.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If you previously gave us your consent (by a clear affirmative action) to allow us to process your personal information for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you withdraw that consent at any time. If you do not do so, we will continue to rely upon that previous consent to keep using and processing your personal information in the same way.
If you request any such changes, we will contact you by email to confirm those changes.
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to an automated decision based on your personal information.
Our website contains links to other websites. No information collected on this website is shared with or provided to these other websites. Spectralink is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites.
Spectralink is an international organization and we transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to the United States, China and Costa Rica for the purpose of processing transactions and requests related to the sale, delivery, and support of Spectralink products and/or services. Where any such country does not offer the same level of data protection as your country of residence, we take measures to ensure an appropriate level of protection for your personal information. Namely, in respect of transfers to Spectralink located in the United States, we have entered into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection to personal information. We will only transfer personal information to the third party service providers located outside the European Economic Area with your consent or where appropriate measures are in place (namely, the entry into of European Commission approved standard contractual clauses or adherence by such third party to the EU-US Privacy Shield).
This website, like many websites, uses "cookies" (a small text file placed on the user's hard drive) to facilitate website navigation, maintain quality of online service, provide additional security, and allow the customization of your access to the Spectralink website. The cookies automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software, which can include browser type, access times, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. Spectralink does not use website cookies to collect information from third party web sites that you may visit.
Where cookies are not necessary for us to provide the products or services you have requested or for the functioning of the Spectralink website, we will ask you to consent to their use when you first visit the Spectralink website. You may opt-in to accept cookies automatically by changing the settings on your browser. However, rejecting cookies may diminish your browsing experience and prevent you from using certain functions. You may have to repeatedly enter information to be able to access specific content on the website. Cookies allow Spectralink to identify you as a particular user and thus provide you with a more customized service.
You may wish to know more about cookies. Below are some useful resources that will provide you with detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Address: Spectralink Corporation, 2560 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80301
If your query or complaint is not resolved by Spectralink to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the relevant national supervisory authority, you can find the relevant details at:http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080