- Network-based: Cellular and local wireless networks (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
- App-based: Malicious apps or legtimate apps exploited by hackers.
- Web/browsers-based: Unsafe URLs and other dangers lurking on the internet.
- Device-level: Failure to use passwords, screen locks or other authentication.
Empowering Solution Protections
- Google play Protect: Uses preventative scans to detect network, app and device threats
- Project Treble: Speeds and simplifies security updates.
- Safe Browsing: Alerts browsers in Chrome to potentially unsafe URLs
- Application sandbox: Helps identify and isolate malicious apps-before they do damage
- Wi-Fi Assistant: Helps prevent users from unknowingly connecting to an unsafe public network
- Enhanced encryption: Allows separate encryptions to be used for work and personal data
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): Enhances sign-on protection, which could include physical security key
THE INTENSITY OF SECURITY THREATS CONTINUES TO GROW
- 20% of companies state their mobile devices have been breached
- 94% expect the ferquency of mobile attacks to increase
- 79% say the difficulty of securing mobile devices is growing
YET FEW ORGANIZATIONS ARE CONFIDENT IN THEIR CURRENT DEFENSES
- 64% are doubtful their organizations can prevent a mobile cyberattack
- Over 33% of companies say they don't adequately secure mobile devices
Average cost of a single security breach
How much more spent remedying a breach vs. preventing it.
Total reported cybersecurity incidents in 2017
Account cyber crime will cost by 2021 worldwide